With the policy network developed I asked Codex to optimize the LMR in relation to the policy output, in such a way that at least the number of nodes and/or time was reduced with 50%.
Codex did several experiments, the total time spent by Codex was around 1 hour.
I also asked Codex to write a report in the end.
All code changes were also implemented by the AI in an experimental version of the Damage engine (version 18.4).
I did not have time to study the extensive report in detail, see attached.
As a proof of the pudding a 158 games DXP match was played against KR, settings no book, 6p DB, 1 core, and 80 moves for 1 minute.
Match result 158 draws. See also attached file.
This result is not yet optimized, but as I believe we have reached a ceiling I don't expect there is much ELO to gain.
Bert

policy network
policy network
- Attachments
-
- Damage184_LMR_experiments_and_recommendation.pdf
- (1.21 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
-
- dxpmatch_20261004.pdn
- (158.44 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
