OERTERP APPLET - Russian draughts

Discussies over damsport (in het Nederlands)
Krzysztof Grzelak

OERTERP APPLET - Russian draughts

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:55

A huge and heartfelt request to Hendrika Veenstra.

Can I sincerely ask you to write a program OERTERP APPLET - Russian draughts. The Program was very useful to play tournaments in flying draughts in Russian draughts. He would like to use the DGT board 10x10 to play a tournament in Russian draughts. I would like to sacrifice and testing program that you wrote.We cordially ask you for it. And thank you in advance.

Krzysztof Grzelak.

hendrikv

Re: OERTERP APPLET - Russian draughts

Post by hendrikv » Sun Feb 24, 2019 19:49

Hi Krzysztof,

For now I have no plans to make an 8x8 version that supports Russian Draughts. Mainly because the rules and the notation are different, which takes a bit of programming and also I have no personal motivation for doing so.
Are there no Russian programs available?

Greetings,
Hendrik

Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Sun Feb 24, 2019 20:25

At the beginning, thank you for your answer.It's a pity that you do not want to do that. The main reason why I wanted to do this is the huge work during tournaments in Russian draughts of programs. When you enter it has my page http://www.draughtsprograms.eu/ then you will see a game board with Russian draughts.These tournaments last about 10 days or longer. Please see here http://uwcrpc.draughtsprograms.eu/index.html Unfortunately, the clock is still missing while playing a game that would measure the time both parties. I thought about the DGT board to play whole tournaments against time. Such an application as in international draughts was very useful to Russian draughts.I thought to convert this program into Russian draughts and to use it during tournaments. Thank you again for the answer.

Greetings
Krzysztof Grzelak

Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:10

I would like to add one more important thing about which I did not write earlier.As you've noticed the programs are in Russian draughts. Unfortunately, here is no application that would be to run the tournament. So far, I have been introducing all movements by writing, for example c3-d4, h6-g5, a3-b4 and so on.I thought to use the DGT Board and instead of typing all the moves I would prefer to do them on the board DGT. That's why I asked you for it, you can always change your mind to help me with this.

Greetings
Krzysztof Grzelak