English checkers update

Discussion about development of draughts in the time of computer and Internet.
Post Reply
Ed Gilbert
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 14:53
Real name: Ed Gilbert
Location: Morristown, NJ USA
Contact:

English checkers update

Post by Ed Gilbert »

It's been a while since I updated kingsrow for English checkers, but I recently posted a news item at the kingrow home page that I will paste here:

9/28/2026: I have built a 12-piece endgame db for English checkers. It's big! And it's available for download. More info here: https://edgilbert.org/EnglishCheckers/1 ... lishDB.htm. There are new versions of Kingsrow (v 1.20) and CheckerBoard (v 1.78) that are needed to use the 12-piece db. Also, I have merged the opening book data for 11-man ballots into the normal Kingsrow opening book. The separate 11-man book file is no longer needed.
Krzysztof Grzelak
Posts: 1480
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 17:16
Real name: Krzysztof Grzelak

Re: English checkers update

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Hi Ed,
Thank you very much for the wonderful news.
Post Reply