Hi Ed,
Thank you very much for the wonderful news.

Search found 1480 matches
- Thu Oct 01, 2026 17:46
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: English checkers update
- Replies: 1
- Views: 233
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 19:05
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Hi Michel,
I'm wondering about this question. Why did you never think about using better compression to reduce the database size?
Krzysztof
I'm wondering about this question. Why did you never think about using better compression to reduce the database size?
Krzysztof
- Sun Sep 06, 2026 21:55
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Thanks for the reply Ed. Can you tell me how much space a 10 figure database would take in GB? Of course, in draughts 10x10.
I have not worked out the details for 10 pieces. Building that requires more computing hardware than is available to the typical draughts programmer. AFAIK no one has ...
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 17:23
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Krzysztof, in my tests kingsrow performed the same with either db in engine matches, and in test positions of 12 to 16 pieces measuring search time to obtain an egdb win or loss score. However version 1 is 389 GB vs 56 GB for version 2, so version 2 is much easier to manage on your internal drive ...
- Wed Sep 02, 2026 11:59
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Ed,
I have a question. As you wrote, you have 2 versions of the databases. Which one is better and more accurate.
I have a question. As you wrote, you have 2 versions of the databases. Which one is better and more accurate.
- Sun Aug 30, 2026 07:40
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Hi Michel,
I present a problem with generating databases. Program version 5.0. After starting the program, I select options , then Endgame and Create endgame databases .I have this window - I select the options marked in red . Applies to 5v2 and 4v3 bases. And nothing happens for several days ...
I present a problem with generating databases. Program version 5.0. After starting the program, I select options , then Endgame and Create endgame databases .I have this window - I select the options marked in red . Applies to 5v2 and 4v3 bases. And nothing happens for several days ...
- Sat Aug 22, 2026 14:17
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Hi Michel,
I've been waiting for 3 days and nothing is happening. Can you fix this or do something about it. Applies to program version 5.0. Screenshot from version 4.8.0 but the same thing happens.

Krzysztof
I've been waiting for 3 days and nothing is happening. Can you fix this or do something about it. Applies to program version 5.0. Screenshot from version 4.8.0 but the same thing happens.

Krzysztof
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 10:15
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
Re: 3-move ballots programs
Thank you for your answer Harm.
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 07:27
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
Re: 3-move ballots programs
Krzysztof, for DAM 2.2 you just need to have a PDN file with the set of games that represent the ballot openings. With DAM 2.2 you can open that file and select the desired game as opening position, and then start manual play from there.
But does this only apply to Dam 2.2 or does it also apply ...
- Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:42
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: Dragon v4.7
- Replies: 70
- Views: 16559
Re: Dragon v4.7
Thank you for the new version of the program.
- Fri Aug 07, 2026 11:40
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
Re: 3-move ballots programs
Dragon can, but you need to put a pdn file with the positions in the dxp directory. I forgot to add that to the installer.
I will fix in the next update, working on that.
You will also be able to run damexchange directly from the engine, for any list of pdn files. No GUI overhead. Just start the ...
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 16:36
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
Re: 3-move ballots programs
Thank you, Frank.FrankMesander wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2026 16:17 In Tornado with Bordstand / Bewerken... you can setup the initial position, and with Bordstand / Wissel zetkleur you can set the color to move first.
After this you can start the game as usual.
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 16:09
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
Re: 3-move ballots programs
Bert, yes.
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 15:21
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
Re: 3-move ballots programs
Bert, thanks for your reply. These are the normal versions. There is no need to use dxp or hub. I'm more interested in playing between two computers in a tournament.
- Tue Aug 04, 2026 14:17
- Forum: Draughts, Computer, Internet
- Topic: 3-move ballots programs
- Replies: 13
- Views: 854
3-move ballots programs
I have a question. Can the following programs below play 3-move ballot openings?
Cerberus - own GUI
Damage - own GUI
Dragon - own GUI
Kingsrow - own GUI
Tornado - own GUI
Horizon - own GUI
Flits - own GUI
GWD - GUI Turbodambase
Dream Gaïa - own GUI
Truus voor Windows 1.0 - own GUI
Sjende Blyn ...
Cerberus - own GUI
Damage - own GUI
Dragon - own GUI
Kingsrow - own GUI
Tornado - own GUI
Horizon - own GUI
Flits - own GUI
GWD - GUI Turbodambase
Dream Gaïa - own GUI
Truus voor Windows 1.0 - own GUI
Sjende Blyn ...
