DGT Electronic Draughts Boards

Discussion about development of draughts in the time of computer and Internet.
Marcel Kosters

DGT Electronic Draughts Boards

Post by Marcel Kosters » Mon Feb 14, 2011 14:41

An interesting enough topic for its own thread.

For now some status information for software developers willing to let their software communicate with the DGT electronic draughts boards:

On the website http://www.dgtprojects.com an alpha version of a serial connection with a single e-board is available. DGT (naturally) is planning to add the bus protocol. The current version still requires some minor adjustment like operating on Mac OSX. Linux is live but not published yet.

For more information and support by for example the use of an electronic draughts board you can contact me at marcelkosters at gmail.com. For questions relating to the software you can also contact directly Jan Krabbenbos of DGT Projects Software Development: jan at dgtprojects.com
Nu: 28.200 DamZ! DamSets. Doel: 100.000 DamZ! DamSets zo snel mogelijk. Doe mee met 1, 10 of 100 DamZ! DamSets. De strategie is onbeperkt schaalbaar. Met club of vrienden snel besteld via marcelkosters@gmail.com.

BALAVOINE

Re: DGT Electronic Draughts Boards

Post by BALAVOINE » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:48

Hello,
Can I buy one of them?
Thank you by advance for your assistance.
Cordially,
Eddy

BALAVOINE

Post by BALAVOINE » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:13

They sells chess game board only in web link.

Marcel Kosters

Post by Marcel Kosters » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:37

BALAVOINE wrote:Hello,
Can I buy one of them?
Thank you by advance for your assistance.
Cordially,
Eddy
Hello Eddy,

For purchase of e-boards you can contact me directly at marcelkosters at gmail.com or go to the KNDB webshop on kndb.nl. For the moment best is to contact me directly as I can answer any question you may have. E-boards are on stock so fast delivery is possible.

Regards,
Marcel
Nu: 28.200 DamZ! DamSets. Doel: 100.000 DamZ! DamSets zo snel mogelijk. Doe mee met 1, 10 of 100 DamZ! DamSets. De strategie is onbeperkt schaalbaar. Met club of vrienden snel besteld via marcelkosters@gmail.com.

jj

Post by jj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 21:20

Hi,

I have created a tool that can be used to connect draughts programs/engines to the electronic board. It uses the DamExchange Protocol (DXP) to interface to the draughts program, so any draughts program supporting DXP can be connected to the board.

The tool is now available as a free download at http://www.kndb.nl/cms/index.php?option ... Itemid=119, press 'klik hier' at the end.

The tool is called Draughts Single Board Server (DSBS) and consists of two parts, a Java program that handles the move recognition and DXP interface to the draughts program, and a compiled C program (the eboard server, invisible to the user) that handles the interface to the board using the DGT low level interface. Both components communicate through a socket connection, just like a DXP connection does.

After starting the program, connect to the board and to the draughts program (in either order). From then on all moves are sent to the draughts program, and the reply moves are shown at the display of the electronic clock. It is also possible to start new games (the current game is saved automatically in PDN format), setup positions and take back moves, all without touching the computer.

The program was tested with Dam 2.2 and Kingsrow, which have full DXP support. Ed Gilbert kindly extended Kingsrow with the DamExchange BACK-messages needed to be able to take back moves. Ed also helped to resolve some issues regarding games with black to move in the first position.

The program was also tested with and Truus and Flits. For these programs you also need the corresponding DXP servers available at Ed Gilbert's website http://edgilbert.org/InternationalDraug ... tional.htm. These support a subset of DXP; setting up positions and taking back moves is not possible here, only regular play.

I apologize that the interface and documentation are only in Dutch.

Have fun.

Jan-Jaap
www.maximusdraughts.org

Wishmaster

Post by Wishmaster » Wed Feb 15, 2012 22:10

I was looking at the KNDB webshop, but I can't find the DGT boards there. Are they not available anymore?
everytime is a good time to take your time to have a good time

Marcel Kosters

Post by Marcel Kosters » Wed Feb 15, 2012 22:55

Wishmaster wrote:I was looking at the KNDB webshop, but I can't find the DGT boards there. Are they not available anymore?
The company that the KNDB webshop has been outsourced to did not take e-boards in it's assortment.
They are still very much available though, feel free to contact me through marcelkosters at gmail.com.