Cannes 2010 draughts tournament for computers

Discussion about development of draughts in the time of computer and Internet.
TAILLE

Cannes 2010 draughts tournament for computers

Post by TAILLE » Wed Jan 06, 2010 19:46

Hello,

I have just sent to a number of potentiel participants the official announcement of the next Cannes 2010 tournament.

Do not hesitate to send this information to any other interested people you know.

I am looking forward to seeing you in Cannes.

Here is a copy of the tournament regulation.

ART 1 : TOURNAMENT ORGANISATION
The first Cannes computer tournament is organized under the “Festival International des Jeux” by the “Direction de l'Événementiel du Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de la ville de Cannes”
Under the authority of the Draughts French Federation, represented by Henry Macaux
Delegation by the Tournament Director is Michel REVEST, PACA League President.

ART 2: DATE AND VENUE OF TOURNAMENT
The tournament will take place in a room of the “Palais des Festivals” in Cannes on Saturday 06 MARS 2010 and Sunday 07 Mars 2010. Tournament will start at 10:00 states

ARTICLE 3: OBLIGATIONS
Programmers wishing to participate to this Tournament must register with the Tournament Director by email at kouperman@wanadoo.fr before Sunday, February 14, 2010 24HOO. An email confirmation will be given.
No right of appointment will be asked to

ARTICLE 4: ACCOMMODATION
The first eight listed will provide hosting from Friday March 5 in the evening to Sunday March 7 in the morning.

ARTICLE 5: ORGANIZATION OF THE TOURNAMENT
A specific regulation will be given to all competitors, it will be in French and English, in case of problems arising from translation, the French settlement will be upheld.

ARTICLE 6: OBLIGATIONS OF COMPETITORS
• Competitors must be present 30 minutes before the start of the competition, for the tournament opening on Saturday 06 Mars 2010 9:30
• The tournament system is a system all round. Depending on the number of participants each program can eventually play several games against each opponent
• The FMJD official rules apply unless otherwise stated in this specific regulation
• The rate will be 20 minutes for a game of 75 moves
• The 25 moves rule will not apply

ARTICLE 7: The final standings of the tournament will be done with the following criteria, taking into account the order below:
- The greatest number of points
- The greatest number of victories
- The results between the programs tie
- The best result in order of ranking
- The best place in the computer ranking before the tournament begins

ARTICLE 8: The Winner of the tournament will receive a cup and an official diploma certifying his/her victory with the title of Champion of programs Cannes International Tournament

ARTICLE 9: Any dispute that may arise during the tournament will be presented immediately to the Steering Committee and before the official registration of the result. This committee will consist of Mrs. MACAUX, REVEST, and the official referee of the tournament. The referee who heard the views of other members will then impose the ultimate decision which will not be appealable.
Gérard

BertTuyt

Re: Cannes 2010 draughts tournament for computers

Post by BertTuyt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 23:35

Gerard, what does the next sentence exactly mean:

The first eight listed will provide hosting from Friday March 5 in the evening to Sunday March 7 in the morning.

Does it mean the first 8 who confirm to come, will get free hosting?
Or that for the first 8 hosting will be organized ???

With kind regards,

Bert

TAILLE

Post by TAILLE » Thu Jan 07, 2010 00:01

BertTuyt wrote:Gerard, what does the next sentence exactly mean:

Does it mean the first 8 who confirm to come, will get free hosting?
Or that for the first 8 hosting will be organized ???

With kind regards,

Bert
Sorry for my bad english Bert.
Of course I would have wrote :
The first eight listed will get free hosting ...
Gérard

BALAVOINE

Post by BALAVOINE » Fri Jan 15, 2010 08:10

Hello,

Who is registered for the moment?

Cordially.

Eddy

TAILLE

Post by TAILLE » Fri Jan 15, 2010 14:00

BALAVOINE wrote:Hello,

Who is registered for the moment?

Cordially.

Eddy
As far as I know there are today 5 programms registered; in alphabetic order :
Damy (Gérard TAILLE)
Dream (Said KOUDACHE)
Horizon (Feike BOOMSTRA), but unfortunetly with some uncertainty
TDKing (Ton TILLEMANS)
Tornado (Frank MESANDER)
Gérard

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Sat Feb 06, 2010 17:36

Gerard, I am sorry to say that I probably will not be attending this tournament. I would very much like to, as the format of 2 days and the location are very good. For me the timing is just not right, as it has been less than a year since my last trip to Europe for a draughts tournament, and I need to space these out more, like 18 months or 2 years, because of the expense. I hope the tournament is successful with good participation, and if it is repeated again next year perhaps I will be able to attend that one.

-- Ed