Adware on this site?

Ideas, suggestions, notes.
Ed Gilbert

Adware on this site?

Post by Ed Gilbert » Sat Jul 25, 2009 14:31

Is anyone else having trouble with adware from this web site? What often happens to me when I visit any of the forum topics is that after a few seconds something tries to yank me away from this site and to some adware site. My antivirus software (Avira) catches it and keeps popping up a box asking me how to handle it. If I turn off the antivirus realtime protection then I am automatically redirected to some other site. This morning it was to www.blinkx.com. Usually I have to kill IE from the task manager to get out of this endless cycle of popups. I do not have this problem at any other site, only here.

-- Ed

Rein Halbersma

Re: Adware on this site?

Post by Rein Halbersma » Sat Jul 25, 2009 23:14

Ed Gilbert wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with adware from this web site? What often happens to me when I visit any of the forum topics is that after a few seconds something tries to yank me away from this site and to some adware site. My antivirus software (Avira) catches it and keeps popping up a box asking me how to handle it. If I turn off the antivirus realtime protection then I am automatically redirected to some other site. This morning it was to www.blinkx.com. Usually I have to kill IE from the task manager to get out of this endless cycle of popups. I do not have this problem at any other site, only here.

-- Ed
Hi Ed,

I experienced the same when I was on vacation in the US last month. On 2 occasions, I managed to infect the pc in the hotel's business center after visiting the FMJD forum. Exactly the same ad-ware crap that you mentioned. At home, I have never experienced any problems (I run McAfee anti-virus software).

Rein