Ivan Shovkoplyas (personality and program)

A.Presman

Post by A.Presman » Sun May 25, 2003 11:59

The program you can read here has been given to all delegates of the GA 17-18 May 2003.
I put it on the Net with only few unimportant grammatical corrections.
A.Presman
===============================================

Program of the candidate for the Presidency of the FMJD

Ivan F. Shovkoplyas, born 26.06.1939 I Poltava Region, Ukraine.
University education. Stems has been elected a member of the regional Council of People's Deputies; worked as head of the department of Physical Culture and Sports of the Lugansk regional state administration; was awarded the title "Merited Worker of Physical Culture and Sport" (Ukraine); National Master draughts; International Arbiter;

At present Mr. Shovkoplyas is the sport advisor of the Chairman of the Lugansk regional state administration; assistant to People's Deputy of Ukraine S. Bubka, the President of Regional Fund "Olympics and Paralympics Movement"

- To bring the level of draughts development up to certain high standard; to achieve recognition of FMJD by the IOC; carry out work aimed to formation of national federations in a number of countries: Japan, China, the UAE, Thailand, Mexico, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Greece, Turkey. To rise the number of countries affiliated to the FMJD to 75.
- To make the "Appeal" for popularization of draughts to the former sportsmen who became leading statesmen and politicians in their countries
- To aim the National Sports Federations at popularization of draughts via mass media in collaboration with world's best players;
- To extend the co-operation of the Federation with the National Ministries of Youth Policy, Education and Culture, associations "Sport for handicapped people" and tournaments, the participation of draughts players of different levels; to support and help to the work of "weak" federations.
- To work out and inculcate business-project of games of best players against computer programs;
- To reestablish the magazine "Draughts" in the Russian language in Ukraine.
- To form the World Draughts Fund; to consolidate sponsors round it and to guarantee its replenishment with no less than ˆ 30,000 per month;
- To set up the price money fund of the World Championship in draughts "100" for mern no less than € 50,000 and € 25,000 for women. In draughts "64" no less than € 10,000 for men and € 5,000 for women.
- To sign up contracts with the leading sports TV companies concerning broadcasting of the World Championships for popularization of draughts.
- To work out the stable system of conducting the World championship;
Last edited by A.Presman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

A.Presman

Post by A.Presman » Sun May 25, 2003 14:21

And to add -

Mr. Shovkoplias is organiser of many competitions where are such a big one's as Coupe of the USSR, Match USSR-Holland, several World Championships 64.
For many years he was Tournament Director-64 and 1st Vice-president of the FMJD.
He is Member of Honor of the FMJD.

Hanco Elenbaas

Post by Hanco Elenbaas » Sat Jun 07, 2003 08:39

Dear Mister Shovkoplyas,

It's fine that I can ask you something here.
At first I would like to know why you are running for the presidency of the FMJD?
Why do you think that it's better for the FMJD to have you as the president?
Why it's better for Draughts World to have you as our president instead of Wouter van Beek?

The next subject is also an interesting one for lots of people.
It's the guarantees you can give for the financial injection you are promising the FMJD?
People wonder where your money is coming from and someone from
Wales even spoke of you as someone who wanted to buy the position.
Of course I know that the KNDB did nothing else the last twenty years.
The KNDB also brought a big suitcase full with Dutch governmental money
and with that money the KNDB claimed the positions of president and
treasurer. So you can say too: the KNDB bought their positions.
But besides that the KNDB also most of the time organized the FMJD-tournaments.
So please tell us, why do they have to vote for you in Stettin, Poland, in
August and why not for the KNDB-candidate.

Next subject: you were vice-president from the FMJD before.
When was that and what have you done in that period?
And not unimportant, do you speak and write other languages than Russian?

My last question so far is: Don't you agree with me that it would be a very
good idea to make Wouter van Beek the vice-president in August?
Are you willing to accept Wouter as your second man?
He did a lot of good work with the GAISF and of course he built up lots of
contacts. It would be a shame if that knowledge would get lost.

Well, so far so good. I hope I can ask you more if I want to.
And I hope you stay available on the FMJD Forum, also after
your election.

Good luck to you!

Jacques PERMAL

Guarantees

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:46

And we'd like to have guarantees from sports authorities and from government of Ukraine !!!
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!

Hanco Elenbaas

Translation

Post by Hanco Elenbaas » Tue Jun 17, 2003 19:08

Hi Alexander (Presman)!

Is Ivan Shovkoplias having some difficulties
with the translation?
Or is there another reason why he doesn't answer?

Hanco Elenbaas

Member of Honour

Post by Hanco Elenbaas » Tue Jun 17, 2003 19:16

On the old FMJD-site (from Leo Springer):

http://www.fmjd.org/old/fmjdlatestnews/
Minutes from the General Assembly at Huissen
19-20 August 2001
Honorary titles:
Members of Honour: Ricardo Ferero, Ivan Chovkoplias

Does somebody know why Ivan Shovkoplias became
Member of Honour from the FMJD?
What has he done to get this title?
He must not have done somebody wrong!

Alkand

Re: Ivan Shovkoplyas (personality and program)

Post by Alkand » Wed Jun 18, 2003 08:42

Hi all!

Really it's very interesting program. Really I can't understand well, why it's necessary to became president to do something for draughts? But - OK! "Let's it be"(C) Please, see my short comments to a few points.

1. To work out and inculcate business-project of games of best players against computer programs I know about two matches of Baggy with Samb, I played two matches in Russia with Magistr and Tundra. What Mr. Chovkoplias did in Ukraina in this direction?

2. To reestablish the magazine “Draughts� in the Russian language in Ukraine. In present time I know about one private draughts magazine in Ukraine. In Russian, not Ukraine language. Why we need beleive in this promising?

3. About propagation of draughts What did Ukraine's draughts federation for propagation draughts in internet? I know about sites of local federation only. Can I ask about it here, in internet space?

4. to consolidate sponsors round Lol! Very interesting problem again! In my life I didn't see draughts sponsors yet. Only patrons... When boss has asked me "How I can get my money back?" I didn find what answer to him. Normally sporsors (companies who sell cars, computers, clothes, meal, drinks, service etc.) put money in advertising and wanted to receive profit. In other case we need call them - PATRONS.

Thank you for attention, Alexander Kandaurov

pieter hildering

Post by pieter hildering » Wed Jun 18, 2003 23:33

hi sasha,
it is good to hear your comment. obviously you have the right opinion
that the problem will not be solved by someone who has ideas but nothing
concrete. you know what i mean. also the message of another sasha has
been quite clear to me. i think it will be time for some in draught interested people to meet.
a friend as always to both sasha's
greetings
pieter

Hanco Elenbaas

Withdrawn?

Post by Hanco Elenbaas » Sat Jul 05, 2003 17:13

There is a rumour that Ivan Shovkoplyas has withdrawn.
Somebody knows more about it?

Gerard de Groot

Re: Withdrawn?

Post by Gerard de Groot » Sun Jul 06, 2003 21:17

Hanco Elenbaas wrote:There is a rumour that Ivan Shovkoplyas has withdrawn.
Somebody knows more about it?
And what about his invitation for a "GA" in Kiev?

A.Presman

Post by A.Presman » Sun Jul 06, 2003 21:41

I didn't hear anything about withdrawn of Mr. Shovkoplyas. Even not in the form of rumour.
I know that he is busy to be ready for the GA.
It is the summer time and many things are now running slowly.
So the organisation of the bureau in Ukraine which is hardly necessary.

About GA - as far as I know there are already more propositions about GA. Also Mr. Shovkoplyas is agree that begin of the August would be too short. There are a changes to be put in Statutes and it needs some more time.

Gerard de Groot

Unification

Post by Gerard de Groot » Mon Jul 07, 2003 17:14

A.Presman wrote:I didn't hear anything about withdrawn of Mr. Shovkoplyas. Even not in the form of rumour.
I know that he is busy to be ready for the GA.
It is the summer time and many things are now running slowly.
So the organisation of the bureau in Ukraine which is hardly necessary.

About GA - as far as I know there are already more propositions about GA. Also Mr. Shovkoplyas is agree that begin of the August would be too short. There are a changes to be put in Statutes and it needs some more time.
Alexander,

You seem to know more than we do.

Are there already initiatives to re-unite both parties in the dispute, either from Mr. Shovkoplyas or from the old Board of the FMJD? And with attempts for unification I mean more than just announcing a new GA, but really get into contact with each other.

Re: Unification

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 19:09

• To reestablish the magazine “Draughts� in the Russian language in Ukraine.
• To form the World Draughts Fund; to consolidate sponsors round it and to guarantee its replenishment with no less than ˆ 30,000 per month;
• To set up the price money fund of the World Championship in draughts “100� for mern no less than ˆ50,000 and ˆ25,000 for women. In draughts “64� – no less than ˆ10,000 for men and ˆ5,000 for women.
Where ?

Re: Unification

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 18, 2003 19:13

Anonymous wrote:
• To reestablish the magazine “Draughts� in the Russian language in Ukraine.
• To form the World Draughts Fund; to consolidate sponsors round it and to guarantee its replenishment with no less than ˆ 30,000 per month;
• To set up the price money fund of the World Championship in draughts “100� for mern no less than ˆ50,000 and ˆ25,000 for women. In draughts “64� – no less than ˆ10,000 for men and ˆ5,000 for women.
Where ?
Where ?