training Ireland

General discussion about draughts and draughts community
Wishmaster

training Ireland

Post by Wishmaster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 13:26

As most people will know, there are very few international draughts players in Ireland, and with the European championships only just over 100 days away, I am looking for some opportunities to get some training games, because the last years I have almost only played over the internet and it would be good to sit opposite a real player again a few times.
So hereby I wish to ask anyone who has plans to visit Ireland this summer and is willing to help me playing some games, to contact me and see if we can arrange to meet somewhere.
everytime is a good time to take your time to have a good time

andrewj

Re: training Ireland

Post by andrewj » Fri Nov 02, 2012 17:00

hi

I'm in Dublin - but have just taken up the game. (coming from some English Draughts experience)

If i can get to grips with the ideas (and differences from the anglo-american checkers game) and tactics - maybe some day we can have a practice game :-)

Andrew

Wishmaster

Post by Wishmaster » Thu Nov 08, 2012 00:10

Would be great Andrew.
The European Championships were two months ago, but I want to keep training and playing, and any opposition for real life games instead of internet games is very welcome.
I have no visit to Dublin scheduled yet in the near future, but I'm sure there will be a few visits to Dublin in the next couple of months. If you are coming to Belfast any time, please also let me know.
everytime is a good time to take your time to have a good time

JesseDean

Post by JesseDean » Fri Oct 04, 2013 07:55

Wishmaster wrote:As most people will know, there are very few international draughts players in Ireland, and with the European championships only just over 100 days away, I am looking for some opportunities to get some training led light, because the last years I have almost only played over the internet and it would be good to sit opposite a real player again a few times.
So hereby I wish to ask anyone who has plans to visit Ireland this summer and is willing to help me playing some games, to contact me
and see if we can arrange to meet somewhere.
Hello friend can you tell about the training games? Even I am looking to take participate this time so please provide some suitable information

damast

Post by damast » Wed Feb 05, 2014 16:28

Hallo Wishmaster,
Ik weet niet of je verzoekje nog geldt.
Ik woon in Belfast zuid. Finaghy.
Ben recreatiedammer. Heb geen wedstrijdervaring, maar ik ben graag beschikbaar.
Beste groet,
Hans