Topic for PHD

General discussion about draughts and draughts community
Rob Erven

Topic for PHD

Post by Rob Erven » Mon Dec 26, 2011 22:24

Last days I have read the book "100 jaar op 100 velden", the KNDB anniversary book. It is a very interesting book. I was surprised that so many persons were so many years active in draughts and I was caught by several stories.

A part of my work is academical research and inspired by the mentioned book I was wondering if there has ever been some academical research in draughts. Perhaps there is a possibility to combine this with a PHD (in Dutch promoveren) in order to get a thorough research.

I am working at an international education and have the possibility to send students to several countries for research. So a comparitive study is possible, but also a quantitive or qualitative research. That all depends of the topic of a research.

The question is: what is an interesting topic for research? For example: the best way to delevop talent? The influence of cultural aspects on the development of the draughts level in a country? The influence of Sijbrands and Wiersma on draughts? What is the relationship between for example education, culture and ... on the level of draughts?

So my question is which topic is interesting for the FMJD so that the FMJD gets a good insight in an (actual) complex problem.

Hanco Elenbaas

Re: Topic for PHD

Post by Hanco Elenbaas » Mon Jan 09, 2012 03:28

Rob Erven wrote:Last days I have read the book "100 jaar op 100 velden", the KNDB anniversary book. It is a very interesting book. I was surprised that so many persons were so many years active in draughts and I was caught by several stories.

A part of my work is academical research and inspired by the mentioned book I was wondering if there has ever been some academical research in draughts. Perhaps there is a possibility to combine this with a PHD (in Dutch promoveren) in order to get a thorough research.

I am working at an international education and have the possibility to send students to several countries for research. So a comparitive study is possible, but also a quantitive or qualitative research. That all depends of the topic of a research.

The question is: what is an interesting topic for research? For example: the best way to delevop talent? The influence of cultural aspects on the development of the draughts level in a country? The influence of Sijbrands and Wiersma on draughts? What is the relationship between for example education, culture and ... on the level of draughts?

So my question is which topic is interesting for the FMJD so that the FMJD gets a good insight in an (actual) complex problem.

Je kunt je vragen het beste plaatsen op het Nederlands deel van het forum: viewforum.php?f=65 Dit deel van het forum wordt nauwelijks gelezen.