Unofficial World Championship Of Computer Programs In International Draughts 2022

Discussion about development of draughts in the time of computer and Internet.
Joost Buijs

Re: Unofficial World Championship Of Computer Programs In International Draughts 2022

Post by Joost Buijs » Mon Sep 19, 2022 07:27

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 20:55
Tournament " The Unofficial World Championship Of Computer Programs In International Draughts 2022 " ended with victory of the program Ares by Joost Buijs, second and third place was taken Scan by Fabien Letouzey and Kingsrow by Edgar Gilbert. Congratulations to Joost Buijs,Fabien Letouzey and Edgar Gilbert. Many thanks to the other participants in the tournament.

For more information about the tournament, please visit the website https://www.uwccpi2022.draughtsprograms.eu/
Hi Krzysztof,

Thank you for organizing this tourney! It must be a huge amount of work to play over 300 games by hand on the DGT board, keeping track of all the moves and entering them in both computers without making a single mistake. You did a tremendous job!

Although Ares improved somewhat over the version from last year I didn't expect it to win the tournament, to win tournaments like this you need a bit of luck, this year the luck was on Ares side.

The good result obtained by Ares inspires me to keep working on it, like you requested I first want to add a simple GUI to make the program easier to use, this will take some time, nowadays it takes me at least 3 months to do the same amount of programming work I did in 2 weeks 40 years ago.

Hopefully there will be another tourney same time next year.

Joost
Last edited by Joost Buijs on Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Jelle Wiersma

Re: Unofficial World Championship Of Computer Programs In International Draughts 2022

Post by Jelle Wiersma » Mon Sep 19, 2022 07:34

My congratulations to Joost, and thanks to Krzysztof for organizing and running this live tournament

Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs » Tue Sep 20, 2022 16:43

Hi Krzysztof,

I tried to download all the games of the tournament but the link to download the games does not seem to work, it says unable to find Draughts2022.rar

Can you take a look at this? Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Joost

Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Tue Sep 20, 2022 18:11

Joost Buijs wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 16:43
Hi Krzysztof,

I tried to download all the games of the tournament but the link to download the games does not seem to work, it says unable to find Draughts2022.rar

Can you take a look at this? Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Joost
I know that. Please wait a few days. I'm just creating it. I cannot spend much time on the computer because of very important family issues.

Joost Buijs

Post by Joost Buijs » Wed Sep 21, 2022 07:16

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 18:11
I know that. Please wait a few days. I'm just creating it. I cannot spend much time on the computer because of very important family issues.
Don't hurry, family issues are way more important than this.

Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak » Fri Sep 23, 2022 18:28

All tournament games can be downloaded from the website https://www.uwccpi2022.draughtsprograms ... usion.html

Krzysztof