Kingsrow International + endgame databases is available

Discussion about development of draughts in the time of computer and Internet.
64_bit_checkers_engine

Re: Kingsrow International + endgame databases is available

Post by 64_bit_checkers_engine » Fri Feb 18, 2011 20:49

Ed Gilbert wrote:Of course I don't tell her that it is only enough money to feed my hobby, and she doesn't read this forum...
Ed,

You have to help me write a parallel search for my program, or I am telling your wife.

:)

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Fri Feb 18, 2011 23:43

You have to help me write a parallel search for my program, or I am telling your wife.
That is hard core blackmail! :-)

Actually, she is supportive of my hobby, more so than I deserve, and that was just my poor attempt to make a joke. I can try to explain how parallel search works. It might be easier on the telephone. Give me a call when you are ready.

-- Ed

64_bit_checkers_engine

Post by 64_bit_checkers_engine » Sat Feb 19, 2011 03:09

I'm doing a complete rewrite, from a blank project in Visual Studio, so I am quite a ways distant.

When the DTW DB10 project launches (and hopefully for the last time) I am going to revisit the new coding project. The 64-bit move generator needs a new hash table scheme, so this prompted the re-write.

I'm not sure I like the graphics either...

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Fri Mar 04, 2011 01:15

I have moved the kingsrow web pages to a new domain. The old site will be gone soon. I have also released new versions of 8x8 Kingsrow and CheckerBoard for English and Italian checkers. New links:

Kingsrow International: http://edgilbert.org/InternationalDraug ... tional.htm

Kingsrow homepage with info on 8x8 English and Italian versions: http://edgilbert.org/Checkers/KingsRow.htm

-- Ed

Krzychumag

Post by Krzychumag » Fri Aug 26, 2011 23:12

Sorry Ed that ask. I have several questions what to programme Kingsrow International.

1. After purchase of programme in full version - on loam is licence of programme - on all computers in house.
2. After purchase of programme in full version - far actualization of programme in future - are paid or free.
3. I ask write loam occupies installation the full version of programme on disc hard of computer.

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Sat Aug 27, 2011 00:19

Hi Krzychumag,
Krzychumag wrote:Sorry Ed that ask. I have several questions what to programme Kingsrow International.

1. After purchase of programme in full version - on loam is licence of programme - on all computers in house.
2. After purchase of programme in full version - far actualization of programme in future - are paid or free.
3. I ask write loam occupies installation the full version of programme on disc hard of computer.
1. The license agreement allows you to install kingsrow on up to 2 of your computers. Each computer needs a different license key which I send to you.
2. Program updates are free for all kingsrow owners. I have been distributing kingsrow for over a year and have updated it several times to fix bugs and improve performance.
3. I'm not sure, but I think you are asking about hard disk space. Here is the info from the kingsrow web site: http://edgilbert.org/InternationalDraug ... tional.htm

Code: Select all

Disk space requirements depend on database subsets installed. 
2 through 7 pieces requires 25GB 
2 through 7 pieces plus 8-piece subset with up to 1 king on each side requires 65GB 
2 through 7 pieces plus 8-piece subset with up to 1 king on each side plus the 9-piece 5 men vs. 4 men subset requires 83GB 
2 through 7 pieces plus 8-piece subset with up to 2 kings on each side plus the 9-piece 5 men vs. 4 men subset requires 216GB 
All win, loss, draw 2 through 8 pieces and 9-piece 5 men vs. 4 men subset requires 407GB 
-- Ed

Krzychumag

Post by Krzychumag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:47

Warmly thank for answer Ed. I have yet such one question . Or your programme can play public games against different programmes.

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Sat Aug 27, 2011 14:00

Krzychumag wrote:Warmly thank for answer Ed. I have yet such one question . Or your programme can play public games against different programmes.
There are a large number of kingsrow match games against truus and flits in this zip file: http://www.edgilbert.org/InternationalD ... 0flits.zip

-- Ed

Krzychumag

Post by Krzychumag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 19:02

I thank warmly but not understand to end my question. Or me for purchase of programme Kingsrow International will can play games public with different programmes.

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Sat Aug 27, 2011 20:08

Krzychumag, kingsrow supports the DamExchange protocol so it can play automated games against other programs. But I don't know what you mean by "games public". Can you explain it?

-- Ed

Krzychumag

Post by Krzychumag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 20:29

I thank for answer - obviously that answer on Your question. It walks me here to play among programmes on separate computers and put parties on side http://www.shashki.com/ .

Krzychumag

Post by Krzychumag » Tue Sep 13, 2011 18:57

Ed one with users on forum http://www.shashki.com/ asks, or you played with programme TURBO DAMBASE.

Ed Gilbert

Post by Ed Gilbert » Tue Sep 13, 2011 23:54

Krzychumag wrote:Ed one with users on forum http://www.shashki.com/ asks, or you played with programme TURBO DAMBASE.
Sorry, I do not know anything about Turbo Dambase.

-- Ed

jj

Post by jj » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:54

Krzychumag wrote:Ed one with users on forum http://www.shashki.com/ asks, or you played with programme TURBO DAMBASE.
Hi Krzychumag,

Turbo Dambase uses the Flits draughts engine. The only difference between Flits in Turbo Dambase and regular Flits (as a separate program) is probably the use of the Turbo Dambase games database for the opening book moves by the former. I do not know how to use the regular Flits opening book. It is not possible to play automated matches against Turbo Dambase Flits, but with regular Flits you can.

So the answer to your question is yes: Turbo Dambase draughts program = Flits, and you can check out the games Kingsrow played against Flits.

Jan-Jaap
www.maximusdraughts.org

Krzychumag

Post by Krzychumag » Sat Sep 17, 2011 08:42

jj wrote:
Hi Krzychumag,

Turbo Dambase uses the Flits draughts engine. The only difference between Flits in Turbo Dambase and regular Flits (as a separate program) is probably the use of the Turbo Dambase games database for the opening book moves by the former. I do not know how to use the regular Flits opening book. It is not possible to play automated matches against Turbo Dambase Flits, but with regular Flits you can.

So the answer to your question is yes: Turbo Dambase draughts program = Flits, and you can check out the games Kingsrow played against Flits.

Jan-Jaap
I thank for answer Jan-Jaap. Request and question to Ed - what to make to programme played as first white figures.