World Championship 2003

SouleymaneK

World Championship 2003

Post by SouleymaneK » Sat May 03, 2003 00:46

Really very strange that we haven 't any information about this big event !!
Even the results are not available on the site ( created specially for this tournament) ...ONly teletekts give us the results .. That s quite uncredible!!

The live game also is not so good. During the Dutch championship we usually have all the results as soon as the games finish... So how come we have not the same thing with this tournament???????????

We are in 2003 so high technology must help us a lot.... :oops.
:( :? I hope that it will be better tomorrow :o))))
S.K

Jacques PERMAL

Strange !

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Sat May 03, 2003 08:26

Yes very strange. Everything are in dutch language. Sometimes difficult to understand.
What happens about Kouogueu and Aligna ?
Good luck for tournament !
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!

Michele Borghetti

Hello

Post by Michele Borghetti » Sat May 03, 2003 14:01

It is possible to see the mainly informations about WC 2003 in English language?
Thx in advance [img]images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Michele Borghetti - Italy -

A.Presman

Post by A.Presman » Sat May 10, 2003 14:58

Well, it is actually the theme for another larger discussion topic :
"Why draughts organisers - a club in the small village and up to FMJD - are seeing each other not as colleguaes but as concurrents?"
Or see and react on this topic

Somewhere in this direction are also the answers to the questions:
"Why is the website of the World Championship so poor (mainly in the providing of hot information) for such an event?"
"Why all preparation of the online playing server of the Dutch federation is keeping as mystery just as it is the chemical weapon of Saddam?"
"Why even the webmaster of the FMJD doesn't know anything about candidates for the General Assembly which will be hold in just one week?"

Jacques PERMAL

Bad surprise !!

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Sun May 11, 2003 05:43

What happens ? The webmaster of FMJD site has no informations about FMJD life ?
I am happy to say that the " ligue de Normandie de jeux de dames " usually brodcast all the informations of draughts of our region in this site : http://rouendames.chez.tiscali.fr

If our organisation usually do that, why the contrary for FMJD ?
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!

Re: Hello

Post by Guest » Mon May 12, 2003 19:04

Michele Borghetti wrote:It is possible to see the mainly informations about WC 2003 in English language?
Thx in advance
Michele Borghetti - Italy -
I agree with Michele, it's necessary to have an english version
in order to understand, the world championship interest the world,
everybody, than I hope to see english or french versions
as soon as possible.

Nicolas Guibert

World championship organization contract

Post by Nicolas Guibert » Tue May 13, 2003 11:22

In the future, I think that when the FMJD signs a contract with the organizer of a WCh, this contract should include the following :

- the organizer (or the sponsor) should provide a complete Internet Site in English. The games should be all available live, and within minutes after they are finished downloadable in digital format (namely the standard format pdn).

This does not seem too much to ask.

I understand the Dutch sponsor does not really care about the international draughts players. This is normal. But the FMJD has to force the organization to set this up decently.

It was not too bad this time, but it should be much better, and the use of English is a must !

Teun

Post by Teun » Tue May 13, 2003 14:29

[img]images/smilies/icon_redface.gif[/img]

I agree with Nicolas. The fmjd should be able to set the conditions surrounding the world championship. I believe this can be difficult due to different focus of organisers and fmjd. So up front the conditions should be clear.

Furthermore not only english and french should be included. Russian is a must to.

We live in an online era, so take advantage. I must complement the fmjd with their current site. It is doing a great job. But they could go multilingual to!

regards Teun

Wieger Wesselink

Post by Wieger Wesselink » Sun May 25, 2003 23:32

Can someone explain to me why Clerc and Thijssen didn't play a barrage for the 6th place? I read somewhere that they are both qualified for the next challenge tournament, or the world championship in 2005. I don't understand this, because it was mentioned everywhere that only the places 2-6 would be qualified.

Denker

Post by Denker » Sun Jul 13, 2003 01:18

That's because the first three of the tournament (3 on 1) were disqualified.
Just like in the famous dutch 11stedentocht it's not allowed to finish as a group.
So Clerc and Thijssen finished 3th and 4th.