Open letter to CPI administration.

News and discussions
rusms

Open letter to CPI administration.

Post by rusms » Mon May 05, 2008 15:03

This open letter is written on English and goes to all (any) CPI officers. Today CPI is an official government body which controlls under FMJD umbrella draughts compositional sport. This letter has an "open" status and I am asking all other problemists who agrees with me and have the same question to CPI administration - join with me and sign/support this letter.

As a participant of the World Championship 2008, PWCP-II, I would like to have an exact clear answer on two questions:

1) What caused a serious, unprecedent delay of the first World Championship step - sorting positions by Sections and deliver information to participants and judges ?

This is very important step, which cannot be ignore, and delaying it shall delay the whole process and raise a timeframe and deadlines.

I address this question to CPI admministration, not an event organisers and Secretary, because CPI is completely, 100% responsible for the proper procedure, and running smoothly World Championship is it's main responsibility.

2) Today, after more than 3 months since positions were sent by all participants, I would like to hear - when positions will be delivered, and what are other deadlines for event: preliminary results announcemnt, final results announcement, awarding.

As participant, I had one major responsibility: submit my positions timely and accurately and I expected the same level of responsibility, professionalism and respect from my colleagues. Along with my responsibilities, I also have a rights to address my questions (see above). I do not criticize anyone, and don't blame anyone, I just simply have a questions and need an answer.

Answer from any CPI member will be highly welcome and appreciated.

Respectfully,

world champion
Alex Moiseyev
USA
There is always something around the corner in the game of Draughts !

rusms

Day 1.

Post by rusms » Tue May 06, 2008 13:54

Below is portion of email from Mr. Bus with response on my letter. It doesn't answer exactly on the main question with dates - when positions will be processed, but from his explanation it seems like multi-problems don't give him a good chance for any predictions.

Respectfully,

world champion
Alex Moiseyev

===============================================================

I totally agree that it takes far too long before the compositions with diagrams and solutions are published on the relevant Internet sites. On the other hand I asked for it myself many times. A few reasons were given some time ago. One was that there were serious difficulties with letters (by post) that were not delivered, damaged or something like that. The contact also complained that solutions could not be read or were extremely complex.
Please understand that the communication between me and the contact is only indirect, via Vladimir Matus who seems to be very busy, because there is a serious language problem. I am not informed directly by the contact. The last news I heard was that Vladimir Matus told me that the contact person planned to publish the diagrams at the end of April. I am sure that Vladimir Matus wants the publication as soon as possible. In order to inform him about this email I put him on the distribution list as well.
Vladimir Matus told me that the number of participating compositions is 355, with all the categories well represented. The number of participants is 50 of 10 different countries. It is obviously a lot of work for the contact (and later for the jury!).
There is always something around the corner in the game of Draughts !