International Rating

Opinion and suggestions about functioning of the FMJD
Nicolas Guibert

International Rating

Post by Nicolas Guibert » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:52

Hi,

First of all I want to congratulate Jacek Pawlicki for the job he is doing with the International Rating.

Since he took this task, the changes are obvious. The complete list and complete results are available for all to see very easily. The rating is computed every 3 months, and many more tournaments are taken into account.

I have a few questions.

I noticed that weak tournaments were taken into consideration. Is that a policy ? Does the FMJD really want to compute a rating for every single player on earth ? Isn't it better to ask each federation to compute national ratings and to ask the FMJD to compute ratings for international purpose only ?

As far as I am concerned, I don't have any objection to seeing the weakest series of the France championship taken into account, but I am not sure this is really sensible.

So, what was decided ? What is the new (apparently good) policy for the international rating ?

Jacques PERMAL

Good decision

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:41

In waiting response from Jacek, I can say that the international rating every 3 months for all the players is a good decision.
There are not weak players !!! French football team could argue that !!!
We must pay respect to all the players because they share our hobby which is a beautiful game !!!!
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!

R. Azimullah

Rating

Post by R. Azimullah » Tue Apr 15, 2003 18:38

It is good to see that the rating system has improved. Congratulations!!!

I agree that as much tournaments should be added so that ALL players of the world can compare their strenght w.r.t each other.

The national federations should be given the task
1. to screen the tournaments (Are the games held according FMJD rules)before they find their way to the FMJD
2. to screen the names of their player on the list to ensure that players are not appearing 2x or 3x on the list. e.g. In the list of Suriname there are players with slightly different spellings, but are actually the same (Ijspol and Yspol)
3. to screen the list for deceased players
I would also suggest that each player is assigned a FMJD number through the national federations so that eah player is unique even if he/she changes his name.

Rudi Azimullah
Paramaribo, Suriname

Jacques PERMAL

To Randy

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Wed Apr 16, 2003 19:48

I saw you maintain a site of draughts for SURINAME. Now your national championnship is running. I propose you a good idea : Why don't you ask A. PRESNAM to make a link ?
So, a lot of players could see the interestings results !!!
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!

Jacek Pawlicki

Re: Rating

Post by Jacek Pawlicki » Sat May 01, 2004 17:25

I'm fully agree with Your suggestions ! If anybody like to support our system - please make a pressia on Your federtion to chack names etc.. on the list.
I'm open for colaboration - just write to me: jacek@warcaby.pl

R. Azimullah wrote:It is good to see that the rating system has
improved. Congratulations!!!

I agree that as much tournaments should be added so that ALL players of the world can compare their strenght w.r.t each other.

The national federations should be given the task
1. to screen the tournaments (Are the games held according FMJD rules)before they find their way to the FMJD
2. to screen the names of their player on the list to ensure that players are not appearing 2x or 3x on the list. e.g. In the list of Suriname there are players with slightly different spellings, but are actually the same (Ijspol and Yspol)
3. to screen the list for deceased players
I would also suggest that each player is assigned a FMJD number through the national federations so that eah player is unique even if he/she changes his name.

Rudi Azimullah
Paramaribo, Suriname