How does the FMJD work ?

Opinion and suggestions about functioning of the FMJD
Nicolas Guibert

How does the FMJD work ?

Post by Nicolas Guibert » Fri Apr 04, 2003 22:56

Hi Alexander,

In another thread : http://fmjd.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=53

you started explaining the way the FMJD works.

Could you tell us more ?

What is decided by who and when ?

How often do all countries meet ?

What is decided in General Assembly and what is not ?

Also, I would very much like to hear from other persons from the board than you Alexander. I appreciate to read Jacek Pawlicki. But the others also have things to say. Where are they ?

A.Presman

Post by A.Presman » Fri Apr 04, 2003 23:36

Actually the structure and working staff of the FMJD is following
( It is also written in Statutes and Bye-Laws which are published on site of the FMJD :
Statutes
Bye-Laws of the FMJD

The highest power is the General Assembly which is being held (normally) once in 2 years.
Recent development with sections created also yearly mini-General Assembly of separated sections ( 100, 64 russian-brazilian, hopefully soon also checkers).
Participants of the General Assembly are national federation, they take principal decisions, participate in direct elections of President, General Secretary, Treasurer and Tournament Director. They (federations) can also make changes in Statutes and Bye-Laws.

Between this GA there are 4 times a year meetings of the CD: 2 large with invitation of all members but also of commissions and commities and 2 ordinary one's.

I don't know is there reason to repeat Statutes and Bye-Law - who is interested to deep in can do it self.
Also the organigram is present to see it inside.

Maybe better I talk about some points which are not in official documents.
Managing board of the FMJD is pure social (unpaid) work. No one (including President) receive for their work any money. Sometimes some members get travelling costs compensated, but not for coming to the meeting. FMJD has actually 2 people (J.Bastiannet - Office director and P.Oudshoorn - editor in chief of the magazin "LMD") on the payroll. Though the salary of them is paid ( as far as I know) by the city of Amsterdam form social fonds.

Further, Nicolas I have a temptation to say few hard words about the way of the functioning of FMJD, CD and particular persons.
(In my words about 4 days a year you felt it).
I doubt only if the official site of the FMJD is the right place for its webmaster to do it.
Last edited by A.Presman on Sat Apr 05, 2003 13:22, edited 2 times in total.

Jacek Pawlicki

How FMJD working ?

Post by Jacek Pawlicki » Sat Apr 05, 2003 09:06

Dear Nicolas !
To be honest I don't understand what kind of goals for this discussion ? As Alexander said CD member are not workers, but the persons who are responsibility for something !
Each congress everybody give his report what he did or not. Mostly this reports in written form and delegates from federation have a right to say if he did well or not. So next moth we have COngress and it is very easy to ask EVERY member of CD there what You did and say to him if we satisfy with your job or not, and delegates can also say what every CD member should do in future. In my opinion it is normal procedure.

Of course like always, somebody did well, somebody not. Thats a life !

Our meetings are 4 times per Year and in MY opinion it is too much (!) in internet time.

A.Presman

Post by A.Presman » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:33

Jacek,
It would be OK 20 year ago. Today's world has a possibility to discuss, take decisions every day and made it public just after decisions are taken.
I know very well the phenomen that many players see (WRONG!) the FMJD as some external selfsufficient ministery with people working there who HAVE to do everything for them.
Some kind of Department of Draughts in the Sport Ministery of the World ( WorldGoskomSport - you know what I mean)
The players and even the national federations do not even try to have any influence to the real FMJD. They don't recognise that THEYSELF are FMJD, and not just 4 or 10 elected persons from the Managing Board. So they DON'T ask CD members "What are you doing" and "How are you doing?" between General Assemblies.
And during General Assemblies it is just not possible - time is too limited.

But what is more important they don't help to actual CD members, but also do not try to become or suggest CD members self.
It is 6 weeks to go before new General Assembly. Did you heard anything about new people suggested by federations to become new President or Tournament Director? I didn't.

Jacques PERMAL

We must publish !!!

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:36

So there is easy work to do
- For instance, why don't the site publish the dates of the FMJD GA in headline ( of this site) ?

we must broadcast informations by all the ways !!!!!
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!

Denker

Post by Denker » Sun May 25, 2003 04:29

Mister Presman, You said:
"Managing board of the FMJD is pure social (unpaid) work. No one (including President) receive for their work any money."

But all those worldwide trips of mister Van Beek (I just read his report 201-2003): Who paid that?

Gerard de Groot

Post by Gerard de Groot » Mon Jul 07, 2003 22:12

Denker wrote:Mister Presman, You said:
"Managing board of the FMJD is pure social (unpaid) work. No one (including President) receive for their work any money."

But all those worldwide trips of mister Van Beek (I just read his report 201-2003): Who paid that?
KNDB

Jacques PERMAL

Post by Jacques PERMAL » Thu Feb 23, 2006 23:00

http://www.angelfire.com/sd/bond/panam/padcf.html

Dear Friends,
as you all probably know the FMJD has a new president and vice-president. In the past the influence (the opinions)of the PADCF has never been too important in the decisions taken by the FMJD. I think that this is mainly due to the fact that it has been too many times thatt he president (or representative) of the PADCF could not be present at the meetings of the CD / GA of the FMJD. Now with this new president and vice-president I believe that it is now definitely very important that we could constantly be present at the meetings of the FMJD. Because of the fact that almost all the meetings are held in Holland/Europe it would be a good thing if we could nominate a person who is living in Holland/Europe as a "delegated president" of the PADCF. This "Delegated President" must attend all the meetings of the CD/GA and speak for the PADCF. If you agree with me I am going to ask mr. Achfaaq Mohamedjoesoef if he would like to accept this task for us. Mr. Achfaaq Mohamedjoesoef is originally from Suriname. He is the organizer of the well=known Open Bijlmer Draughts Tournament and president of the Gandhi Draughts Club in Amsterdam. I would like to receive your reaction and opinion on this matter. greetings,

Raoul Alias.
Information : my first priority !!

L'info en première ligne !!